Why does cropping an image increase file size?
When you set the pixel dimensions and the resolution, Photoshop creates a different physical size. The image holds the number of pixels in the image and number of pixels per inch you specified. The files size changes because you are changing the total number of pixels in the image and the number of pixels in each inch.
Why are my Photoshop JPEGs so large?
1 Correct answer
The usual suspect is an inordinate amount of photoshop:DocumentAncestors metadata bloating your file. You would need to check your file/s to see if this is actually the case.
How do I optimize a JPEG for web in Photoshop?
Open an image and choose File > Save For Web. Choose JPEG from the optimization format menu. To optimize to a specific file size, click the arrow to the right of the Preset menu, and then click Optimize To File Size.
How do I reduce the size of a JPEG without losing quality in Photoshop?
Compress and Save Image
- Save your file as a JPEG.
- Compress the file between 60% and 80%. Use the photo view on the left do determine the percentage of compression. The higher the percentage the better the quality of the photo.
- Click Save.
How do I reduce a JPG file size?
How to Make JPEG Images Smaller
- Select a photo in Windows Photos Gallery. …
- The image’s height and width are displayed under the Details tab. …
- Select Resize under the Edit menu. …
- Select Custom. …
- Change the maximum dimension. …
- Right-click the JPG image and select Open File Location.