How do you mask a complex shape in Illustrator?
And by clipping mask by hitting ctrl 7 or you can hit object clipping mask and make.
How do you mask a group in Illustrator?
A clipping mask can be made in a few different ways:
- Drop down Menu: Object > Clipping Mask > Make.
- Shortcut Key: Command > 7.
- Layer Panel: Make/Release Clipping Mask icon at the bottom.
- Right click: highlight all objects and select Make Clipping Mask.
How do I mask multiple objects in Illustrator?
If you try to use more than one object as a clipping mask, only the last object you created will act as a mask—the others will be ignored. To use those multiple objects as a mask, you’ll first have to select all the objects and from the Object menu, choose Compound Path>Make, or press Command-8 (PC: Control-8).
What is a compound mask in Illustrator?
If you double click the compound path you will see that the circle creates a mask. Inside of the rectangle of the square. But not outside the clipping mask is the opposite. It will create a mask.
How do you use masks in Illustrator?
Mask the content
- Ensure that the vector shape to be the mask is in front of the content to be masked.
- Select the vector shape and the content to be masked.
- Choose Object > Clipping Mask > Make. The selected content becomes a clip group.
How do you Make an opacity mask in Illustrator?
To make the opacity mask select both the highlight and gradient layers. call up the the Transparency Panel (Window > Transparency). In the top right hand corner is a flyout menu where you can click Create Opacity Mask. That’s all there is to it.
Where is the opacity in Illustrator?
Opacity is found in the Appearance panel within the Properties panel. Click the arrow to the right of the 100% opacity indicator. This will pop the opacity slider open.
How do you make a transparent gradient mask in Illustrator?
(1) Using the Swatches palette choose a color for your gradient and drag/drop it on the black gradient slider box. (2) Click on the white gradient slider box to select it. (3) Then adjust the Opacity setting found below the gradient slider to 0%. You now have a transparent gradient.
What is the difference between a clipping mask and an opacity mask?
So what is the difference between the two methods? A clipping mask can only clip and display the underlaying objects in full. The top shape behaves like the “hole” in a picture frame. The Opacity mask however is not restricted to displaying the underlaying image fully opaque.
How many types of masks are there in Illustrator?
There are two types of mask available within Illustrator; the opacity mask and the clipping mask.
How do you knock out a group in Illustrator?
How to Create a Knockout Effect in Illustrator
- Step 1: Add the Shape and Text. Now draw your shape using the Rectangle tool (M). …
- Step 2: Create Outlines. Reselect your text layer and go to Type > Create Outlines, or you can use the keyboard shortcut Shift + Cmd/Ctrl + O. …
- Step 3: Apply the Knockout Effect.
How do I turn off opacity mask in Illustrator?
To exit opacity mask “mode,” click the artwork thumbnail E (again, like Photoshop), which brings you back to the regular artboard, making all your layers reappear.
How do you create a Live Paint group?
2 Position the cursor over the selected ellipses, and when you see the message, click to make a Live Paint group, click. The ellipses are converted to a group of faces that can now be easily filled with color. Use the Live Paint Bucket tool to convert your ellipses to a Live Paint group.
Why is my layer transparent in Illustrator?
Check if there’s an opacity setting in the Appearance Panel with the object selected. Select one of the ‘kinda transparent’ objects and, in the Transparency window or in the Appearance window, make sure the blending mode (drop-down menu) is set to ‘Normal’.
How do I exit clipping mask?
Release clipping mask
- In the Layers panel, select any layer other than the base layer in the clipping mask.
- Choose Layer > Release Clipping Mask.
How do I edit a mask in Illustrator?
Once you make the mask you can edit it by selecting it, right clicking and choosing “Isolate Selected Clipping Mask”. In isolation mode you can move and adjust the background picture and move and adjust the clipping shape.
How do you release all masks in Illustrator?
To Remove All of the Clipping Masks at Once
- From the Select menu choose Object and then Clipping Masks (this should select a number of elements on your map)
- Press the Delete button (on your keyboard) do delete all of the selected Clipping Masks.