- Create a new layer in your file.
- Fill with black.
- Add a mask to the black layer.
- Using a soft brush with the colour set to black, paint on the mask the areas of the photo you wish to have showing.
How do I darken one part of a photo?
Darken parts of a photo to tone down distracting areas that are too bright.
- Long press on the Add Layer button (the plus symbol) in the taskbar on the right and choose Adjustment Layer > Curves.
- In the Layer Properties panel that appears, pull down on the center of the curve line to darken the image.
How do you darken a bright spot in a photo?
Take the blend mode and change it to multiply. Right here this might be what you're looking for this might be good enough and it does a pretty good job.
How do you change the color of a specific part of a picture?
Go to the Image menu, then to Adjustments , and choose Replace Color . When the dialog box opens, the first step is to sample the color in the image you want to replace by clicking on it. Now go to the Hue , Saturation , and Lightness controls to set the color you want to use as a replacement.
How do I darken a specific area in Photoshop?
To darken an image in Photoshop, go to Image > Adjustments > Exposure to create a new Exposure Adjustment Layer. In the dialogue box that appears, move the “Exposure” slider to the left to darken your photo. This will darken your entire image at once and correct any overexposed areas.
Is the tool that darkens an image?
The Burn tool
The Burn tool darkens areas of an image. The more you paint over an area with the Burn tool, the darker it becomes.