How do you make a black and white picture Alpha?
Here is an easier workflow in newer versions of Photoshop:
- Go to the channels tab, and select the channel that represents what you want to turn into alpha.
- Click the “make selection” button at the bottom of the channels palette:
- Go back to your layers tab, and click the “make layer mask” button:
How do you make an alpha mask?
Create an alpha channel mask and set options
- Alt-click (Windows) or Option-click (Mac OS) the New Channel button at the bottom of the Channels panel, or choose New Channel from the Channels panel menu.
- Specify options in the New Channel dialog box.
- Paint on the new channel to mask out image areas.
How do I make an image Alpha?
- Select All and copy the image from the layer you want to use as a grayscale mask.
- Switch to the channels tab of the layers panel.
- Add a new channel. …
- Click the button on the bottom of that panel labeled “Load channel as Selection” — you will get a marquee selection of the alpha channel.
How do I make an image alpha mask in Photoshop?
Here is how you can create an alpha mask in PhotoScissors and import it to Adobe Photoshop.
- Step 1: Remove background. Using PhotoScissors, remove the background from the image. …
- Step 2: Save the alpha mask. Save the resulting image as an alpha mask using Edit->Save Alpha mask menu. …
- Step 3: Use the alpha mask in Photoshop.
How do you make an alpha matte in Photoshop?
Go over to the layer and hold down command if you're on a Mac or ctrl. If you're on a PC. And click on the layers icon. This selects all the boundaries of that layer.
How do I turn a layer into a mask?
Select the two images you want to mask and arrange them in two separate layers. Select a layer in the Layers panel and click the ‘Add layer mask’ button at the bottom of the panel. A white layer mask thumbnail will appear on the selected layer, revealing everything on the selected layer.
How do I add an image to a layer mask?
So at the bottom of the layers panel i'll click on the mask icon that actually converts the background. Into a layer and adds the layer mask.
How do I add an image to a mask?
To Use Applied Layer Masks
- Create an Adjustment Layer and Select the Layer Mask. Create an Adjustment Layer and then select the Layer Mask by clicking on the mask.
- Select Image > Apply Image. …
- Choose the Layer You Want to Apply to the Mask. …
- Choose the Blending Mode. …
- Make Adjustments to the Applied Layer Mask.
How do I copy a layer mask to another layer?
To move a Layer Mask from one layer to another, click-and-drag the mask to another layer. To copy a layer mask to another layer, press-and-hold Alt (Mac: Option), then click-and-drag it to any other layer.
How do I insert an image into a layer in Photoshop?
How To Add An Image To Existing Layers In Photoshop
- Drag & Drop An Image From Your Computer Into The Photoshop Window.
- Position Your Image And Press The ‘Enter’ Key To Place It.
- Shift-Click The New Image Layer And The Layer You Want To Combine.
- Press Command / Control + E To Merge The Layers.
How do I paste without a new layer?
Ctrl-click on the mask I want to keep (which selects it). Hit the mask icon on the new layer and it makes a dup mask of the selection, delete the old layer. Your way would save one step by creating the mask at the same time as paste.
How do you copy and paste on the same layer?
Re: how to copy and paste in the same layer?
- Copy the content you need. …
- Paste the content with Ctrl + V (will paste over the selection in a new layer) or Ctrl + Alt + V (will paste at cursor).
- Merge the two layers (the former one and the new one created when you paste) with Ctrl + E.
How do I copy and paste to a specific layer in Photoshop?
Sign up and log-in today. Next, choose Edit > Paste Special > Paste Into (or use the keyboard shortcut Alt+Shift+Ctrl+V for Windows or Option+Shift+Command+V for Mac). A new layer with a layer mask will be added to the image.